Brave New Eco is looking for a project designer to join our growing dynamic and committed design team.
We are a happy productive studio in which everyone brings a range of skills to the table. We manage multiple commercial and residential projects at once so our team members need to be able to have their heads and hearts across several diverse elements.
Our studio atmosphere is supportive, dedicated and fun. We are located at the Park Street Collective in Carlton North with a group of like minded design professionals
We are looking for a designer to join our team on a permanent (part-time potential) basis - someone who would benefit from an independent work environment; who has a passion for sustainable design; and has the relevant technical skills to contribute to our projects in a meaningful way. This role will involve running the documentation and administration of projects and liaising with clients, suppliers and trades so experience with this process is essential.
- Must have relevant qualifications in either interior design/building design/ architecture) and a minimum of 4 years professional experience in an Interior Design or Architecture practice.
- Must be competent in construction documentation using REVIT.
- Must be competent with the residential building code, construction documentation conventions and the stages of design and tender process.
- A commitment to sustainable outcomes and practice on a professional and personal level. (At BNE we walk-the-walk and talk-the-talk)
- Competent using Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.
- Experience with residential design including kitchens, bathrooms, and custom joinery.
- Experience with client presentations and liaison.
- Experience with contract administration.
- Experience specifying appropriate interior finishes, fittings, fixtures and materials.
NON ESSENTIAL BUT A BONUS:
- Sustainable design principles and product knowledge; and/or permaculture knowledge would be a bonus but is not essential. We can provide training and resources to up-skill in this area.
- Graphic design skills.
- Competent use of Excel and other microsoft office products.
- Research and writing skills.
- Position can be between 28-35 hours a week negotiable. Work/ life balance is very important to us, this position may suit an experienced applicant with other commitments or wanting a family-friendly workplace.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us with some information about yourself, a resume detailing relevant experience, referees and a folio or examples of your work, and we will be in touch with more details and salary information.
- Feel free to email us with any questions