Brave New Eco is looking for someone special to join our small, dynamic and committed design team.
We are a happy productive studio in which everyone wears a number of different hats and brings a range of skills to the table. We manage multiple projects and clients so our team members need to be happy having their heads and hearts across several diverse elements at once.
Our studio atmosphere is supportive, dedicated and fun. We are located in a Merri Creek-side building of like-minded businesses, and work in a very beautiful light filled space with a sunny deck and native gardens outside.
We are looking for a designer to join our team on a permanent part-time basis - someone who would benefit from an independent flexible work environment; who has a passion for sustainable design; and has the relevant technical skills to contribute to our projects in a meaningful way.
- A commitment to sustainable outcomes and practice on a professional and personal level. (At BNE we walk-the-walk and talk-the-talk)
- Must have relevant qualifications and 3+ years professional experience in an Interior Design or Architecture practice.
- Must be competent in construction documentation and 3D renders using REVIT.
- Familiarity with the residential building code, construction documentation conventions and the stages of design and tender process.
- Competent using Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.
- Experience with residential design including kitchens, bathrooms, and custom joinery.
- Experience with client presentations and liasion.
- Experience with contract administration.
- Experience specifying appropriate interior finishes, fittings and surfaces.
- Passive solar design principles; sustainable design principles and product knowledge; and/or permaculture knowledge would be a bonus but is not essential. We can provide training and resources to up-skill in this area.
- Graphic design skills.
- Competent use of Excel and other microsoft office products.
- Research and writing skills.
- Digital native problem solver :-)
- Work is on a permanent casual basis and is PART TIME. Work/ life balance is very important to us, this position would suit someone wanting a part-time study or family-friendly workplace.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please email us with some information about yourself, a resume with relevant experience, and a folio or examples of your work.
- We will respond to inquiries by the end of Feb 2018.
- Feel free to email us with any questions.